Soon, TVEnthusiast will be launching a weekly newsletter filled with easily digestible content ranging from episode impressions to news to a schedule of upcoming shows. Though it is not yet an actual newsletter, nor does it have a true name yet, we are experimenting with it as a weekly article that will eventually turn into a newsletter.
Without further ado, here is the eighth issue of our yet to be titled newsletter.
- Kerry Ehrin (Bates Motel) is replacing Jay Carson (House of Cards) as the Showrunner of Amazon’s new morning show drama from Reese Witherspoon (Big Little Lies) and Jennifer Aniston (The Yellow Birds).
- Hugh Laurie (House) has taken one of the lead roles in George Clooney (Syriana) and Hulu’s new adaptation of Catch 22.
- Gillian Anderson’s role as Media in American Gods will be recast, this comes after the Actress announced her intent to leave the series following the departures of its then Showrunners Bryan Fuller and Micheal Green.
- David Simon (The Wire) is working on Spanish Civil War drama series A Dry Run.
- Karl Urban (Thor Ragnarok) has been cast in the role of Billy Butcher in Amazon’s upcoming adaptation of Garth Ennis’ (Preacher) The Boys.
- Netflix has picked up Paradise PD, a new adult oriented animated comedy.
- Netflix has ordered Dead to Me, a new dark comedy series from Liz Feldman (9JKL) and Will Ferrell (Eastbound & Down)
- Despite her recent connection to a suspected cult, Kristin Kreuk’s (Smallville) Canadian legal drama Burden of Truth has been picked up by The CW.
- A gender swapped TV adaptation of Nick Hornby’s (About a Boy) High Fidelity, which was previously adapted as a movie starring John Cusack (Hot Tub Time Machine), in development for Disney’s upcoming streaming service.
- Director Peter Jackson (The Lord of the Rings) is in talks with Amazon to produce their ridiculously pricey Lord of the Rings TV series.
- Michael Green (American Gods) and Aida Mashaka Croal’s (Jessica Jones) adaptation of Y: The Last Man has been picked up for a pilot order by FX.
- Black-ish Creator Kenya Barris has apparently been clashing with ABC and is in talks with Netflix for an overall deal that would see him leave his previous network.
- Season 3 of The Last Kingdom has been picked up exclusively by Netflix.
- Netflix has cancelled their 90s nostalgia teen drama series Everything Sucks.
Killing Eve – Extended Trailer – BBCAmerica
3% – Season 2 – Netflix
The Affair – Change the Narrative (Season 4 Teaser) – Showtime
Nightflyers – First Look – Netflix
Lost in Space – Meet Dr. Smith – Netflix
Cobra Kai – The Ultimate Tournament – YouTube Red
Bill Nye Saves the World – New Season – Netflix
Succession – Teaser Trailer – HBO
C.B. Strike – Official Trailer – Cinemax
For this week’s podcast, Will and Tyson conclude their ongoing coverage of SyFy’s The Magicians 3rd season, and celebrate 150 episodes of the podcast by playing a round of Advocates of Great Television that explores the Groundhog Day episode trope with episode discussions of Xena: Warrior Princess, Supernatural, and Person of Interest.
Monday, April 9th, 2018
AMO – Netflix
Tuesday, April 10th, 2018
New Girl – Fox
In Contempt – BET
Wednesday, April 11th, 2018
The Expanse – SyFy
Thursday, April 12th, 2018
SuperMansion – Crackle
Friday, April 13th, 2018
Rellik – Cinemax
Bosch – Amazon
Chef’s Table: Pastry – Netflix
Lost in Space – Netflix
Sunday, April 15th, 2018
Fear the Walking Dead – AMC
Monday, April 16th, 2018
Supergirl – The CW