Soon, TVEnthusiast will be launching a weekly newsletter filled with easily digestible content ranging from episode impressions to news to a schedule of upcoming shows. Though it is not yet an actual newsletter, nor does it have a true name yet, we are experimenting with it as a weekly article that will eventually turn into a newsletter.
Without further ado, here is the second issue of our yet to be titled newsletter.
- Blacklisted Screenwriter Dalton Trumbo’s (Roman Holiday) 50 year old script Cortes, about the Conqueror Hernan Cortes is finally being made, though adapted as an Amazon miniseries by Steven Spielberg and Steve Zaillian (Schindler’s List), with Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men) in the titular role.
- Gregg Araki (Mysterious Skin) to write, direct, and run a new Starz comedy series, Now Apocalypse, which will be produced by Director Steven Soderbergh (Sex, Lies, and Videotape).
- Strike Back has been renewed by Cinemax, IFC is renewing Brockmire and Documentary Now, and Arrow, Black Lightning, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Legends of Tomorrow, Dynasty, The Flash, Jane the Virgin, Riverdale, Supergirl, and Supernatural have all been renewed by The CW.
- Hulu has passed on a new pilot adaptation of popular graphic novel series Locke and Key. The pilot is now being shopped to other distributors.
- The long in development The Stand adaptation is now being developed for CBS All Access.
- Frank Miller (The 300) and Tom Wheeler’s (The Cape) upcoming Arthurian legend YA novel, Cursed, is already being adapted as a Netflix series.
- After completing the first 2 episodes, Director Jeremy Saulnier (Green Room) has departed work on True Detective season 3 with Daniel Sackheim (The Americans) and series Creator Nic Pizzolatto taking over for the remaining episodes. This will mark Nic Pizzolatto’s directorial debut.
- Emily Ratajkowski (Gone Girl), Shameik Moore (The Get Down), Lilly Singh (Fahrenheit 451), and American Vandal stars Jimmy Tatro and Calum Worthy to star in new NBC comedy series Bright Futures, about young adults transitioning from their loose 20s to their more responsible years.
The Expanse – (Season 3) What’s New – SyFy
Legion – Season 2: First Look – FX
Archer – Season 9: Official Trailer – FXX
The Handmaid’s Tale – Season 2: Official Trailer – Hulu
Fear the Walking Dead – Extended Season 4 Trailer – AMC
The Last OG – The Man – TBS
Westworld – Season 2 Official Trailer – HBO
Raptue – Logic Trailer – Netflix
Money Heist – Part 2 Official Trailer – Netflix
Animal Kingdom – Kingdom Come – TNT
For this week’s podcast Will and Tyson continue their ongoing coverage of SyFy’s The Magicians, with discussion of episodes 11 and 12 of the 3rd season.
Next week, the duo will be joined by a special guest to celebrate their 150th podcast. Together, Tyson, Will, and their guest Nick will be exploring the popular Groundhog Day episode trope. Each has picked an episode to represent in a new addition of Advocates of Great Television.
The picks are as follows…
Nick – Person of Interest – Season 4 Episode 11 – If-Then-Else (Netflix)
Will – Supernatural – Season 3 Episode 11 – Mystery Spot (Netflix)
Tyson – Xena: Warrior Princess – Season 3 Episode 2 – Been There Done That (Hulu)
In addition, we will also be covering the season 3 finale of The Magicians.
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018
The Last OG – TBS
Legion – FX
The Middle – ABC
Wednesday, April 4th, 2018
Famous in Love – Freeform
National Treasure: Kiri – Hulu
Thursday, April 5th, 2018
Imposters – Bravo
Friday, April 6th, 2018
Money Heist – Netflix
Troy: Fall of a City – Netflix
Saturday, April 7th, 2018
Ransom – CBS
Sunday, April 8th, 2018
Howards End – Starz
Killing Eve – BBCAmerica
Unforgotten – PBS
Monday, April 9th, 2018
AMO – Netflix
Tuesday, April 10th, 2018
New Girl – Fox
In Contempt – BET